Giving to Families of Children With CancerMay 31, 2022
Larson Home Services and Keeney Home Services are proud to donate $50 to Families of Children With Cancer for every home project sold June 2022. Families of Children With Cancer was founded on the belief that when a child is sick, the entire family is affected. Their support focuses on the individual child along with the family.
About Families of Children With Cancer
Families of Children with Cancer, Inc. was organized in 1974 by parents and healthcare professionals who saw a need for a support group for families who have a child that has been diagnosed with cancer. Since the first inception of the group, they have grown to be much more than a “support” group. Today Families of Children With Cancer, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization supporting families who have a child that has been diagnosed with cancer in Northeastern Wisconsin & Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Their mission is to provide advocacy, education, emotional support, financial support and hope to those families.
They receive no federal or state funding and rely solely on donations from private benefactors, corporate sponsors, community organizations, foundations & fundraisers. No salaries are paid and all money directly benefits Northeast Wisconsin & Upper Peninsula families of children with cancer.
Some Services They Provide
- Bravery beads and funding for Pediatric Oncology Clinic Child Life Department
- Limited financial assistance to families when there is a need
- Family pack to a newly diagnosed family which consists of gift cards for a grocery store, department store, and gas cards
- A Helping Hand Handbook – a binder where the family can keep all their important dates and information
(lab results, radiation treatment days, doctor appointments, etc.)
- Social events for entire immediate family
- College scholarships for the childhood cancer survivor/patient along with camp tuitions for child, siblings, and family
- Mileage reimbursement for travel due to treatment
- and much more!
Click DONATE to make an online donation.
Your generous support of the Families of Children With Cancer could truly make an impact. Thank you.