Improve the Energy Efficiency of Your Middleton, WI, Home With Attic Insulation Installation
Living in Wisconsin means dealing with some extreme temperatures. It can be very hard to keep your home comfortable through the coldest days of winter and those dog days of summer if your attic is not properly insulated. If your Middleton, WI, home is lacking sufficient insulation or the insulation you have is damaged or deteriorated, it’s time for an attic insulation installation from the experts at Larson Home Services.
5 Signs You Need New Attic Insulation
How do you know if your home needs new insulation? It’s not always easy to tell, but there are some noticeable signs if you know what to look for. Here are five signs that you may need attic insulation installation:
- Uneven temperatures – Are some rooms warmer than others in your home? Fluctuating temperature from room to room is one sign that your attic is under-insulated.
- You feel drafts – If your home is drafty during the colder months, there’s a good chance a lack of proper insulation is to blame.
- Your utility bills have gone up – When your home isn’t properly insulated, it’s not as energy efficient as it should be. That means your HVAC will have to work harder to keep your home comfortable. The harder your HVAC works, the higher your utility bill.
- Icicles form on your roof – A properly insulated attic will block your home’s heat from rising all the way to the roof. If your attic is under-insulated, that heat hits the roof and can melt snow which leads to icicles. Those icicles can damage your roof, so this is an important sign to keep in mind!
- Your insulation looks worn and old – Sometimes, the old eyeball test is all it takes. If you pop your head into the attic and see that your insulation looks old, worn, or thin, it’s time to do something about it.
At Larson Home Services we proudly install Tru-Soft™ cellulose insulation, one of the most effective products on the market. We also offer professional air sealing services so you can get optimal efficiency from your new insulation.
Protect your Middleton, WI, home against temperatures by contacting Larson Home Services for attic insulation installation. We’re experts from the attic up!