It’s no secret that your home’s insulation has a huge impact on its energy efficiency. Insulation works by providing an additional barrier through which heat must go through to enter or escape your home, making it more difficult for outside temperatures to impact the comfort of your home. Insulation is commonly added into a home’s attic since this is where heat can enter and escape through the roof—but it’s not the only spot in your home where having added insulation could be beneficial.
If your home has a crawlspace that’s not currently insulated, you could be missing out on an opportunity to enhance your home’s thermal performance. Curious about the benefits of insulating a crawlspace in your home? Let’s take a closer look at why this can be a valuable home improvement project for many homeowners.
What Is a Crawlspace?
Before we dive into the benefits of insulating a crawlspace, it may be helpful for some to review what a crawlspace actually is. A crawlspace is an unfinished, narrow space between the ground and the first floor of a home. Crawlspaces typically have dirt floors, and they are vented to the outside air.
Crawlspace Insulation Benefits
Now that we’ve got a better understanding of what a crawlspace is, let’s examine the benefits that homeowners enjoy when insulating theirs:
- Less moisture, since the insulation will seal the gas between your crawlspace and the outdoors
- Better structural integrity, since frozen soil under your home can lead to cracks in its foundation
- Prevents pet infestation, since critters will no longer be able to access your crawlspace
- Reduced risk of exposure to radon gas, since radon won’t be able to enter your home from the soil through cracks in your foundation when your crawlspace is insulated
- Improved comfort, since you won’t have a chilly crawlspace in the winter making your home cooler than you like it
- Better energy efficiency, since your home’s HVAC won’t have to work as hard to keep your home at a comfortable temperature
We Can Insulate Your Crawlspace
If you’re considering hiring a company to come add insulation to a crawlspace in your home, there’s no better partner for the job than Larson Home Services. We have been providing local homeowners with the best available home improvement products, craftsmanship, and customer service since 2009, and now we’re ready to do the same for you.
Larson Home Services is proud to be an authorized dealer of Dr. Energy Saver products. We offer a variety of insulation services, making us a one-stop shop to help you make the most out of your home’s thermal performance. We can even conduct a complete energy audit of your home to help determine any other areas that need to be addressed.
If you think that insulating a crawlspace in your home is the ideal way to enhance its energy efficiency, contact Larson Home Services today. We can get you scheduled for an initial consultation with an expert on our team. We can’t wait to hear from you!