Improve the Efficiency of Your Sun Prairie, WI, Home with Air Sealing
You know that insulating your home can greatly improve its energy efficiency. However, before you add insulation, it’s vital to seal the air leaks in your home. Tiny gaps, holes, and cracks in your home’s walls and ceiling let air flow in and out of your home. Air sealing is a simple and affordable way to lower your heating and cooling bills and get the maximum benefit from your home’s insulation. Larson Home Services can discover and seal the air leaks in your Sun Prairie, WI, home to make it more efficient and help you lower those energy bills.
Benefits of Air Sealing Your Home
If you have insulation, why do you need air sealing? Insulation adds a protective layer in your home, but it doesn’t necessarily stop air from moving through cracks and holes. Some areas where leaks are commonly found include:
- Holes for plumbing and wiring through floors, walls, and ceilings
- Around electrical outlets and switches
- Attic access hatches, drop-down stairs, and doors
- Around recessed lights and fans
- Around windows and exterior doors
- Cracks, gaps, and holes in drywall or plaster
- Around chimney passes
- Bath fans
- Leaky basement windows
- Rim joists in the basement or crawl space
By sealing up these cracks and holes, your home will be air-tight and you’ll see immediate benefits such as:
- Reduced heating and cooling costs by an average of 15% (based on EPA estimates)
- Improved air quality in your home
- Peace of mind that your home is energy-efficient and eco-friendly
Save Energy & Money by Air Sealing Your Home
Larson Home Services technicians can find the leaks in your home using a blower door test. After the work is completed, we will perform a second blower door test to find any remaining leaks or confirm that your home is now more airtight.
Keep your air conditioning and heat in your home where you need it. Call 1-8
44-651-0955 or contact Larson Home Services online to schedule a free inspection and air sealing and attic insulation installation cost estimate. We can also provide a comprehensive home energy audit to help you get the most out of your home. We are your trusted air sealing and insulation company in Sun Prairie, WI!